(This map is somewhat inaccurate. IS holds a lot more of Anbar Province than is shown as well as a group of towns SOUTH of Baghdad astride the roads to Kuwait)
- How much local "coalition air" actually participated in last night's well planned attacks in Syria? Which targets did Jordan, Qatar, UAE, Bahrein and Saudi Arabia attack and with what?
- Egypt obviously declined an invitation to participate. Why?
- France and Britain were absent from the night's festivities. Why?
- The Syrian government was informed in advance and the Director of Operations (J-3) of the Joint Staff described Syrian air defense radar as "passive," i.e., unresisting, during the operation. The Children's Crusade (NSC and State staffs) continues to insist that there was no coordination with the SAG. Well, boys and girls, what occurred is called "de-confliction" among the adults and that is undoubtedly coordination. Semantic BS does not change reality. It just makes you look childish.
- The J-3 showed pictures that demonstrated that multi-million dollar air weapons can put a missile or bomb into a pickle barrel if that is desired, but, to what effect? His pictures ahowed that very minimal damage had actually been inflicted in the effort to completely avoid civilian casualties. That is commendable but the truth is that weapons can become so accurate that they are not impressive to the enemy, especially to an enemy like IS who WANT TO DIE. IMO, IS will simply move on in adapting to the reality of US air attacks that seek to limit damage and casualties. They have already been doing that by hiding their black flags and dispersing their assets among the civilian population. Yes, I know, they are using "human shields." So what?
- Turkey remains an enormous problem for the Children's Crusade. They declined an invitation to participate in air attacks against IS. They continue to deny the US their air bases, but they are also blocking Turkish Kurds from entering the fight against IS and are complicit in marketing IS oil.
- Christiane Amanpour served up the Assad/IS alliance meme on CNN today. This is absurd. IS, Nusra Front and all the other opposition groups are the SAG's deadly enemies. Buying the enemy's goods across the lines does not make you their ally. In the American War Between the States, the Union Government authorized the purchase of the Confederacy's cotton across the lines under license from the US Government. Why? The North needed the cotton to make uniforms and tents for the Union Army. Similarly Syria needs that oil to have a functioning economy. That is quite different from Turkey's role in helping IS market its oil at home and abroad. Turkey also continues to facilitate the flow of IS people in and out of Syria.
- An IO campaign is being waged against the American people. The major media are complicit in this. My sources in the CT community tell me that the Khorassan group is not a new phenomenon at all. Its existence has been well known. The targets have been long designated, but now at the moment in which the president's authority to wage unrestricted war is questioned this fear generating meme of imminent attacks in the United States is trundled out so that the media can whip up more war fever.
- The Iraqi Army and its Shia militia allies have been defeated once again. In Anbar Province west of Baghdad the Iraqi Army lost over a hundred men killed or captured yesterday as well as an army fortified position. In this process of defeat yet more American made equipment was captured by IS. An army spokesman whined on in Baghdad about the poor training provided by the US. Pathetic.
If we Americans don't start learning to deal with realities rather than childish dreams we are going to have a very rought time in this war against IS, the Nusra Front, and eventuall against the thoroughly Islamist infiltrated FSA. Grow up Obama and recognize the simple truth that the SAG is a de facto co-belligerent. pl