There can be little doubt that the corporate MSM represent the collective opinion of the "fantasy island" cities of the east and west coasts of the US.
At the same time, the corporate right wing media represent the collective opinion of much of the rest of the country.
God help us!
The president of the US has a well developed left wing agenda. Let us not be fooled by all the talk of concern for the welfare of the "middle class," whatever that might be in the US.
He and his allies in "the archipelago" seem to believe that an inevitable acceptance of the virtue and wisdom of their belief in the specifics of their dream of "the future" will take place. In pursuit of that goal all sorts of foolishness is taking place. Some is serious. Some is just silly.
- The phrase "a more perfect union" is often quoted from the preamble to the constitution in the hope that the sheeple will believe that it was meant to signify a belief in the possibility of perfection of The Republic as a sort of earthy garden of delights. In fact, what was meant was the improvement of the mechanism of federal government.
- Country-wide statistics of polls regarding issues of importance to Archipelegian politics are cited as evidence that the preponderance of opinion in the "islands" will surely sweep all before it. Surely! This morning Chris Cillizza (?) badgered a member of the House from outside the archipelago to accept the idea that SURELY! there would have to be gun control sufficient to satisfy the islanders. It should be remembered that Cillizza, by his own admission, is badly infected with Connecticutt Fever.
- What is missed by the islanders is that the US is still a federal republic. It was built that way deliberately for the purpose of holding the political ambitions of the archipelago at bay. That was the motivation behind the Great Compromise that gave Wyoming and California each two senators. In addition, many senators represent constituencies where "guns" is not a four letter word. That would include many non-islander Democrats. These people will not vote for very much of BHO's agenda. That would include the gunster dreaming. No amount of demagogic speechifying will change that.
- The Republicans hold the House and they hold it with members by and large elected in districts outside the archipelago. That would include in states where island city states are located. These folks know what their chances are if they back the islanders against their own people. That would also include some Democrats.
- Finally, BHO has to get any new laws or executive orders past SCOTUS.
There is a lot talk about the changing demographics of the US. Yes, but the demographics of the US have changed many times before. They always continue changing. The islanders should beware of the future. It is an "undiscovered country." pl